MOD Lab Reservations
MOD Lab Reservation System
The MOD LAB RESERVATIONS SYSTEM is exclusively for the use of McCombs School of Business faculty, staff, students, organizations and entities ONLY!
By reading and acknowledging the rules and procedures presented here, you are bound and responsible and will be required to enter your UTEID and password to access the reservation system. Your reservation request will be TENTATIVELY approved and added to the online calendar until either final approval is received, reservation revisions are pending, or your request has been declined. You will receive email correspondence to this effect. Please reply promptly to these situations. Michael Rowley may be reached by email, by phone at 232-6626, or office location [CBA 5.322AD (back of Millennium Lab)].
Currently, the MOD Lab is the only reservation facility available through the McCombs Computer Services Department. Reservation time slots are at a premium. This system will be operated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Reservation Facility Information:
For more information regarding facilites, please see the following: MOD Lab (CBA 5.304 and CBA 5.325)
Software that is already available on the computers in the MOD Lab can be found on the COE (Common Operating Environment) page. Click here for a list of additional software installed only in the labs. If you have a software installation request beyond what is listed on the above sites, we require that you present us with the software AND licenses AT LEAST a week before the scheduled reservations in orderr to test and determine the compatibility of the software with our machines and operating environment. Once the software is deemed compatible, we will perform the software install on the required machines. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY SOFTWARE THAT IS DEEMED AS "NOT COMPATIBLE" WITH OUR LAB MACHINES AND OPERATING ENVIRONMENT.
The following rules apply to all lab reservations:
- Request for allowance of reservation time beyond stated lab hours MUST be indicated on reservation form so that staffing and/or other preparations can be made in advance.
- Please be judicious in making reservations and allow ample time for special needs such as software installs and/or account creation. A good rule of thumb is the allowance of AT LEAST a week for such needs.
- The instructor or his/her representative must be present 10 minutes prior to the beginning time of a reservation. The reservation will be forfeited 15 minutes after the scheduled start time if the instructor/requestor/representative is not yet present.
- Computer projection, overhead (transparency) projection, DVD projection, laptop usage/projection cable, wireless microphone and a wireless mouse are available upon request. Please indicate need for this equipment on the reservation form. Any additional equipment (laptop, portable or freestanding lectern, laser pointer, presentation remote, etc.) must be reserved through Media Services (471-4095).
- If guest login accounts are needed for presenter/instructor and/or attendees, please email the Exchange Administrators with this request. Dean or department chair approval is needed for guest account creation.
- If printing access is needed during the reservation, free printing is available for McCombs faculty only. Please submit an email to Michael Rowley (faculty email link) requesting printing access. Printing requests for other MOD Lab reservations (McCombs staff or organizations) should be emailed to Michael Rowley (non-faculty email link). These requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.