About the Black Graduate Business Association
The Black Graduate Business Association is an organization with a rich history.
Guided by our mission and objectives
We offer several opportunities for professional development
and we are widening our base of membership.
The Black Graduate Business Association (BGBA) was founded in 1985. The foundation and success of the BGBA is built on the diversity and achievements of its membership. BGBA members represent a variety of academic concentrations, political, religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Member business interests range from the public to the private sector, entrepreneurship, and national and international markets in various areas of the business world.
The purpose of the BGBA is provide a nexus through fellowship to broaden, enhance and promote the successful future of it's membership.
The BGBA is a professional organization of predominately African-American students pursuing a Master of Business Administration or Ph.D. degree at the University of Texas at Austin.
- To serve as a social and cultural base for our members and other students with shared interests.
- To assist members with career planning through business oriented activities.
- Promote greater student interaction with faculty members, corporate representatives, professional organizations, and the community-at-large by sponsoring and participating in business oriented activities.
- Foster and support minority students by providing professional and academic advising and counseling through the establishment of a formal network.
- Serve as role models throughout the University and the Austin community.
- Assist the University Administration in recruiting and retaining minority students in all graduate degree programs.
Professional Development Activities
Annual National Black MBA Association Conference
- MBA Student Case Competition
- Job Fair
Professional Development Workshops
- Excellent networking opportunity
- Getting hired by your target companies
- Eliminating the "glass ceiling"
Multicultural Enrichment Forum
- Promoting diversity
- Career managing information sessions
- Alumni and Corporate Networking
BGBA Resume Book
- Distributed to all recruiters
Highlights diversity of the Texas MBA program
BGBA members take an active role in other student organizations. A small sample of the organizations is listed below.
- The Graduate Business Council
- Graduate Women in Business
- The MBA Investment Fund, L.L.C.
Sports, Media and Entertainment Association