Help With Your Career Search
McCombs Net Impact Job Database | Websites
We are currently in the process of developing a database of job and internship opportunities that may be of interest to Net Impact members. This database will consist of organizatgions and positions considered by other Net Impact members, and is designed to make your search process easier. This resource will be available to paid members of Net Impact McCombs.
- Locating Non-Profits and Socially Responsible Firms using UT Library Databases (PDF) | This document, made by the UT Libraries, provides information on how to use UT databases to locate and learn more about nonprofit and socially responsible businesses.
- Net Impact Career Center | Run by Net Impact Central, this job board post full-time and internship opportunities for MBA students. You must be a dues-paying member of Net Impact Central to access the Net Impact Career Center.
- Net Impact Social Impact Career Handbook | Written by Net Impact Central, this handbook offers information on 10 different possible social impiact career paths, including sample job descriptions and organizations. Three chapters (Nonprofit Management, Education, and Going Mainstream) are avaiable to anyone; you must be a dues-paying member of Net Impact Central to download the complete handbook.
- MBA Nonprofit Connection
| McCombs works with the MBA Nonprofit Connection, a national nonprofit organization that facilitates the placement of business school students and graduates in nonprofit jobs. Includes a searchable archive of past job listings.
To acceses: Click "MNC Job Listings" under the heading "Job Search". Login: your McCombs msb# Password: your McCombs email password.
- Opportunity Knocks | Opportunity Knocks is the national online job site focused exclusively on the nonprofit community.
- Idealist.org |
A project of Action Without Borders, this Web site allows users to search a data base of non-profit jobs by category--choosing from 35 options, such as database management and fund raising--as well as by job description, country, state or city, job type, organizational mission, and language requirements. The site includes internships and entry-level jobs, as well as those that require several years of experience. Visitors may sign up for a daily e-mail that lists all new job and internship openings posted on the site.
- Bridgestar | Free membership, access to information on the sector and full-time job postings. Bridgestar, an initiative of the Bridgespan Group, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to developing leadership for the nonprofit sector. In order to login to Bridgestar, you'll need to register first.
- Charity Channel | CharityChannel is a source of original articles and book revies that are down-to-earth, practical, and relevant to the day-to-day challenges of in-the-trenches nonprofit professionals. Charity Channel also has an on-site job board.
- Business Ethics: The Magazine of Corporate Responsibility | Business Ethics is an online magazine with a strong heritage in the fields of ethics, governance, corporate responsibility and socially responsible investing. The mission of Business Ethics is “to promote ethical business practices, to serve that growing community of professionals and individuals striving to work and invest in responsible ways.”
- The Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World | The Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World is a project initiated by Corporate Knights Inc., powered by research from Innovest Strategic Value Advisors Inc. a leading research firm specializing in analyzing “non traditional” drivers of risk and shareholder value including companies’ performance on social, environmental and strategic governance issues. Launched in 2005, the annual Global 100 is announced each year during the World Economic Forum in Davos.
- Sustainable Business |
SustainableBusiness.com provides global news and networking services to help green business grow, covering all sectors: renewable energy, green building, sustainable investing, and organics.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy | The Chronicle of Philanthropy is the newspaper of the nonprofit world. It is the No. 1 news source, in print and online, for charity leaders, fund raisers, grant makers, and other people involved in the philanthropic enterprise. The Chronicle of Philanthropy has an on-site job board for careers in philanthropy.
- The Nonprofit Times
- Foundation Center | Established in 1956 and today supported by close to 550 foundations, the Foundation Center is a national nonprofit service organization recognized as the nation’s leading authority on organized philanthropy, connecting nonprofits and the grantmakers supporting them to tools they can use and information they can trust. Its audiences include grantseekers, grantmakers, researchers, policymakers, the media, and the general public. The Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. grantmakers and their grants; issues a wide variety of print, electronic, and online information resources; conducts and publishes research on trends in foundation growth, giving, and practice; and offers an array of free and affordable educational programs.
- USA Jobs | USAJOBS is the official job site of the US Federal Government. It's your one-stop source for Federal jobs and employment information.
- Business for Social Responsibility | BSR works with its network of over 250 member companies to develop sustainable strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. It offers an on-site job board for careers in CSR.
- Community Career Center
- GreenBiz.com |
GreenBiz.com™, Business Voice of the Green Economy, is a source for news, opinion, best practices, and other resources on the greening of mainstream business. GreenBiz.com offers an on-site job board.
- SustainableBusiness.com/Green Dream Jobs